Dr. Pozzi’s main areas of expertise are piezoelectric materials, shape memory alloys (SMAs), MEMS sensors, Finite Element modelling and analytical modelling.
Current Research Interests
Dr. Pozzi’s research interests include:
- analytical modelling and Finite Element coupled-field analysis of piezoelectric structures;
- creative solutions to energy harvesting in different environments; consequent design, modelling, prototyping and testing of devices;
- passive generation of electrical energy from everyday human activities like walking (wearable energy harvesters);
- advanced engineered materials, both for the generation/storage of energy and as key elements of sensors and actuators;
- Internet of Things (IoT): energy, communications, applications.